Before starting an activity, we always recommend enabling workout mode on your device.
Many wearable devices only measure your heart rate every few minutes, usually to maximize their battery life. Activating workout mode enables your device to measure your heart rate every second, allowing PAI to recognize and reward you for all of your activity. Remember, if your device isn't recording your heart rate, you won't be earning any PAI.
Some devices can be configured to auto-detect activity and enter workout mode without you needing to do anything. Although you should keep in mind that these modes often need a certain amount of activity minutes before they enter workout mode—meaning you might miss out on those first few PAI.
While you can earn PAI without enabling workout mode, consistently activating workout mode before doing an activity will ensure you have the most accurate PAI Score.
So remember, to maximize your PAI, we recommend always enabling workout mode on your device.
Articles in this section
- How is my PAI Score calculated?
- What other devices are compatible with PAI Health?
- Why am I not earning any PAI?
- How is PAI scientifically validated?
- Why do I get different PAI points for the same activity?
- Will I only earn PAI in workout mode?
- How does PAI compare to counting steps?
- Do I need to exercise every day to earn 100 PAI?