The following tips will help troubleshoot a low PAI score:
- Ensure your wearable is being worn snugly and in the right position. Try wearing it higher on your wrist, and check to ensure the light and sensor is flat against your skin.
- Start and stop workout mode on your wearable device to ensure all heart rates are captured for accuracy.
- If your wrist gets sweaty during an activity, wipe the area beneath the heart rate sensor from time to time.
- PAI is more easily earned for higher intensity activities that elevate your rate for longer periods of time. For example, running, spinning and hiking on inclined terrain.
- Make sure your device is compatible with PAI.
- Fitbit: some devices like Alta HR can't start or stop workouts. Instead, it periodically samples the heart rate. This feature can miss some heart rate data between samples at the beginning of a workout.
- Apple Watch periodically samples your heart rate throughout the day, but starting a workout will record your heart rate immediately at a higher frequency providing the most accurate PAI score.