The most common reason you may earn different PAI points for the same activity is because PAI points get more difficult to earn as your PAI score increases. It is much easier to earn PAI points when your PAI score is low, say below 50, than when your PAI score is higher, say above 100. The exact same exercise will earn you a different number of PAI points depending what your PAI score was when you started.
Other possible reasons for earning different amounts of PAI could be:
- Forgetting to start workout mode on your device for one workout (or workout mode was accidentally paused)
- The wearable device wasn't snugly attached
- Sweat on the wrist interfered with the sensor on your device
- Unknowingly putting in more or less effort each time
- The PAI algorithm is adapting to your improved heart health to make it more difficult to earn points. This happens slowly over time.